Regulation and Registration of Quantity Surveyors in Nigeria
To check the blog on part 1 of this series, please click here
Regulation of Quantity Surveyor as a body.
One of the primary responsibilities of QSRBN is regulating and controlling the practice of the quantity surveying profession in all its aspects and ramifications in Nigeria.
From time to time, the Board reviews the rules and Guidelines governing its operations. The Rules and Guidelines are aimed in giving the Board a clearer road map towards the attainment of its mandate
REGISTRATION OF QUALITY SURVEYORS IN NIGERIA.
To ensure and promote professional standards in the industry, Quantity Surveyors Registration Board of Nigeria (QSRBN) is legally empowered to register individuals and firms authorized to practice Quantity Surveying in Nigeria.
The Registration Committee of the Board processes and recommends those to be registered as quantity surveyors or practising firms by the Board.
QSRBN registers the qualified Quantity Surveyors and issues them with certificates of registration. In addition, the Board produces and issues stamps and seals to registered Quantity Surveyors for use in their professional practice
Conditions for Full Registration for Nigerians.
The requirements for registration as a Quantity Surveyor are:
- Processing Fee: Payment of N20,000 (Twenty Thousand Naira) for Registration Form and Processing Fee Through (REMITA)
Photocopies of all academic and Professional Certificates:
All enclosed certificates should be duly signed and stamped by your two (2) recommenders (who have a current certification with the board) with their QS registration stamp or seal.
WASC/GCE (O/L) certificates must contain 5 credits including English Language, Physics and Mathematics and any other two (2) relevant subjects at not more than two (2) sittings.
2. Passport Photographs:
The two (2) Passport Photographs should be counter-signed by the two (2) recommenders who must have a current certification with the Board.
3. Sworn Declaration:
Sworn Declaration as contained in Paragraph 5.0 of the form (Form No: QSRBN/F/001)
4. Certificate of Experience:
1st & 2nd Year Experience should be completed by past or present employer who must be a Registered Quantity Surveyor with a current certification with the Board.
In the absence of Certificate of Experience, Letter of Attestation should be presented from either one or two RQS (as the case may be) who had supervised the applicant and who must also have a current certification with the Board.
Conditions for Registration for Firms.
The requirements for registration as a Quantity Surveying Firms are:
- Registration FORM is obtained for N30, 000 (Thirty Thousand Naira). Payment should be made through Remita from any Commercial Bank or Online by following the steps below:
- log in to http://www.remita.net
- click “Pay FGN and State TSA”
- from the pop up, select “FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA”
- then under Name of MDA, type Quantity Surveyors Registration Board of Nigeria
- Under Name of Service/Purpose; select “Firm Application Form”
- fill in the rest of the form click “Proceed to Payment”. A Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number will be generated for you on the displayed page.
- from the displayed page, select your card type and make payment accordingly or copy the RRR and take to any commercial bank for payment.
2. At least one of the Partners/Directors must be a Registered Quantity Surveyor duly registered by the QSRBN with current Practice Licence. The credentials, CV and the current practice licence of the partners should be submitted with the form.
- 3. Quantity Surveying Firms/Companies must be registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (C.A.C.) and a photo-copy of the Certificate and other documents attached.
- 4. Firms are expected to show evidence of execution of Professional Indemnity Insurance cover of N10 million minimum.
For information of International Quantity surveyors, click here
For information on India Institute of Quantity Surveyors, Click here
For Information on Institute of Botswana Quantity Surveyors, Click here
Quantity Surveyors (2021) Available at :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantity_surveyor (Accessed September 20th, 2021)
Quantity Surveyors Registration Board of Nigeria (QSRBN)(2021)
Quantity Surveyor (2021) Retrieve from https://www.goconstruct.org/construction-careers/what-jobs-are-right-for-me/quantity-surveyor/